Monday, February 20, 2017

Pregnancy Update: 5 months

Five months in.

Most frequently-heard comment: "Can't tell that you're pregnant."
Secondly most frequently-heard comment: "Oh you're really showing!"

Workout routine: BodyFit by Amy's Prenatal Bodyweight workout. 25 minutes of enough movement to challenge my muscles without making me feel like giving up. An 8-month-pregnant fitness guru is more motivating than anybody else.

Prenatal checkup: It's a girl! She likes to raise her hands up in the air, and is growing well.

Extra pregnancy calories: Marks & Spencer's smoothies from downstairs. The big bottle is much more worth it than the small one.

Perks of pregnancy: Feeling her kick. Seeing the belly move and ripple as if something were about to spawn from the surface.

Lows of pregnancy: Not much right now. Not as fatigued as in the first trimester, and less peeing in the middle of the night. Isn't that odd?

Names we're considering: Theo and Avery (Avery is purely me, as k says it sounds like "ovary". What?)

Baby equipment: Now proud owners of three pairs of baby socks and one hand-me-down car seat.

Little worries: That our cats will be jealous. Loki has been awfully needy lately because Thor doesn't cuddle with him all the time anymore.

Coupledom bucket list: Went to Manila for our last time as a duo, and had our last Valentine's day as a carefree couple. As I was telling a friend on Sunday, it's the same feeling as when I was about to get married. I couldn't wait to be married and move into our new home, but I was sad to leave my jurong home, my room, and my little routine with my parents. I'm excited about the baby coming, about holding her and placing her in a co-sleeper cot, and pushing her around to have lunches with me at city square mall, and about us moving into a whole new phase with someone we'll love more than we can imagine. At the same time, though, I'm all too conscious of these last days of being just kj, netflixing and making life work together in bits and scraps, minding monthsaries and steak dinners. Someday when I have my hands full with this baby girl, I will look back at all these little things, and maybe I will miss them. Or maybe I will laugh at how silly I was. God's plan is infinitely better.


No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter
Poker Blog